Thursday, June 14, 2007

Between Two Worlds

My mind's swirling. Two of my children graduated, one from high school and the other, college. There's little time for me to take it all in. I wish life would slow down, so I could stop to savor important events. Instead, the weekends race by, Monday shows up, and it's time for work again. My schedule's too hectic, and there' s little time to reflect; only enough time to wish for more.

Nevertheless, I feel fortunate to have good memories to hold and cherish. My kids won't always be with me, and their recent graduations reminded me of that fact. When they were little, they looked forward to "special time." I'd take them on day trips, to the movies, or we'd eat desserts. Being at their graduation was just as special for me.

Until later.

No comments: